Wednesday 5th November is the 16th National Stress Awareness Day and this year’s theme is very much relevant to entrepreneurs and small business owners. The focus will be on keeping the right balance between work, play and lifestyle in order to maximise your physical and emotional wellbeing.
We all know that keeping the balance between work and play can be very difficult – particularly when you run your own business – especially from home. It can be hard to keep boundaries and work can become a 24/7 occupation. When everything falls to you, you can’t just simply walk away from your desk and not worry about anything until Monday. It might not feel like being self-employed or a business owner works like that – but with the right support, people and processes it can.
Stress is a huge part of our everyday lives which can have a real physical impact, resulting in lack of sleep, tiredness, weight changes and even depression. Stress can lead to absence at work which costs the UK economy millions every year. In order to help, here at the top 10 stress busting tips from the International Stress Management Association (www.isma.org.uk):
1. Learn to manage your time more effectively
2. Adopt a healthy lifestyle
3. Know your limitations and do not take on too much
4. Find out what causes you stress
5. Avoid unnecessary conflict
6. Accept the things you cannot change
7. Take time out to relax and recharge your batteries
8. Find time to meet friends
9. Try to see things differently, develop a positive thinking style
10. Avoid alcohol, nicotine and caffeine as coping mechanisms
A virtual assistant could be just what you need to help manage your work/life balance more effectively. Our expert team of VAs are on hand to pick up the tasks you don’t have time to do, don’t have the skills to do, or simply don’t want to do. Please give us a call on 01483 332220 or email us at email@example.com to find out we can help. We pride ourselves on being the staff you don’t see, but the difference you do.