With clients ranging from will writers to window cleaners, financial consultants to fashion designers, many of our clients are individuals whose personality is key when it comes to their business. In these service based start-ups and small businesses trust is everything, and the right profile photograph can be a major first step towards building that trust. For potential clients browsing on your website or your social media accounts the right photograph with a winning smile that engenders trust can encourage them to take that next step and give you a call.
Here are our top tips for getting the perfect picture:
- Find a photographer that you like and you trust – there are many photographers out there so have a look at their websites and get a feel for the kind of photographs they take.
- Meet them in person – you need to find someone you can feel relaxed with
- Take their advice – Many photographers will be happy to advise when it comes to things like what to wear, make up etc as they know what comes out best on camera.
- If you are not happy – say! Photographers want you to be happy with your shots and to use them so if you don’t like the shots or feel uncomfortable posing a certain way then tell them. They may not know your pet hates!
- Think about your brand and what you are trying to convey – if you are a divorce lawyer then you may want to look friendly and approachable, at a time when people are distressed and needing support. If you are a chef you want to look, bright, clean and fresh. If you sell natural organic products then you might want to have photos taken in the countryside, not inside a dark office.
Being Surrey based ourselves we are happy to recommend the services of Chris Cole at Barrett & Coe photography http://www.barrettandcoe.co.uk/portrait-photography/guildford/ who has done some great work for our team in the past and Matt Pereira http://www.mattpereira.co.uk/
If you need help finding a photographer or any other aspect of setting up or running your business please feel free to give us a call on 01483 332220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our cost effective services and how we can benefit your business. We pride ourselves on being the staff you don’t see, but the difference you do.